Web 2.0 Marketing Tip #5: Tracking Your Twitter Results
By Ralf Skirr.
If there’s one essential thing that a lot of marketers seem to forget, it is this: tracking marketing results.
Tracking how your campaigns and marketing plan is doing is important if you want to discover:
- If you are getting profits
- If there is something that can be done to improve your products or services
- If you have to adjust your current marketing strategies or use entirely new ones
As with any marketing campaign, you should monitor your Twitter promotional campaigns by tracking the results…
Twitter Tracking Systems to Use
If you want to track your Twitter results but are unsure where to start, then let us offer several tools that can do the work for you or ways to discover your results:
- http://search.twitter.com/ -One free way to find all instances of people talking about you or your business on Twitter; this can give you a rough idea of how your marketing plan is fairing.
- Tweet Beep: http://tweetbeep.com/ – This service will automatically email you whenever something about you or your business is tweeted.
- Analytics/traffic statistics program- this kind of program will help you determine how much traffic you have received from Twitter. If you don’t currently have a good traffic statistics program, you can get one for free Google (http://www.google.com/analytics). Google Analytics is a tool will tell you where all your visitors come from, including those that come from your Twitter profile or your Facebook fan page.
Aside from tweets, you might also find it beneficial to track whether the links in your tweets get clicked and how often. I’m using HootSuite for this as it has lots of useful features for professional tweets. However, you can easily find a more suitable one online, if you prefer.