Web 2.0 Marketing Tip #41: Getting Facebook Customers with Your Mailing List
By Ralf Skirr.
Have you created a personal and business Facebook profile yet? Facebook is a very prominent social network, so it is just natural for you to use it as a marketing platform. While some simply creates a personal profile to keep in touch with colleagues and customers, a Facebook fan page will actually be beneficial.
You see, a fan page offers more benefits such as follows:
- A personal Facebook profile limits you to 5,000 friends; a Facebook fan page allows you to have millions of contacts
- A personal profile lets you communicate through wall posts, polls, and private messages; a fan page lets you easily acquire more data through wall posts, polls, and discussion threads
How to Get More Facebook Fans
It is undeniable how beneficial a Facebook fan page can be for you and your business. After all, the more fans you have, the more people you can market to on a recurring basis. Aside from that, with more fans, you can instantly have more fan referrals without doing any additional work. That is to say your fans will help you get more fans.
However, the only problem you will encounter is this: How do you get more Facebook fans?
The answer is rather easy.
A good place to start when it comes to building a fan base is to take your email list from your autoresponder. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- First, you must create a spare Gmail account.
- Add all of your autoresponder contacts to it.
- Next, login your Facebook account.
- Select the option to locate friends using email addresses.
- When you have done this, use the option to search from an existing contact list (here is where the spare Gmail account you have created will come in handy).
- Let Facebook quickly determine whether anyone from your original autoresponder list is already a member.
- When you have found customers using Facebook, start adding them as friends.
Of course, with this approach, it will be crucial to have a good mailing list to begin with. Nevertheless, if you have already acquired some subscribers, the process will be smooth and easy for you.