Web 2.0 Marketing Tip #3: Twitter Profile Tweets
By Ralf Skirr.
If you’re into web 2.0 marketing, there’s no doubt you need a Twitter profile. Twitter is a very popular social networking and microblogging platform, one that currently competes evenly with Facebook.
Creating a Twitter Profile
It’s actually very easy to create a Twitter profile. First, you must go to http://twitter.com and look around.
Once you are familiar with the site, go to the sign up page (https://twitter.com/signup) and create one or more accounts. (See Web 2.0 Marketing Tip #1.)
Once you have setup your Twitter account, it is critical that you spend some time to personalize your profile: this is the key to achieving success with Twitter marketing.
Why Personalize Your Profile
Personalizing your Twitter profile will help you establish a credible identity. This way, you will not be perceived as spammer when you ask Twitter users to follow you.
When it comes to setting up a personalized profile on Twitter, there’s not much to do. It’s very easy and takes only 5 minutes. All you have to do are:
- Login to your Twitter account and go to your Twitter settings page
- Select a pre-existing background (or create a customized one)
- Select or upload an avatar thumbnail photo
- Fill in your “Bio” and “About me” section (you can put short descriptions here)
- Add your primary web site URL
That is all there is to it! Here are some useful reminders, though:
- Avatar- As far as your avatar goes, it is probably a good idea to use the logo for your internet business. If you don’t have one, you can choose to upload your picture instead, if you feel comfortable enough to do so.
- Background– It can be a good idea to create a custom background, so that it includes your logo.
- Bio– Regarding the bio section create a bio section that briefly explains what your business does and what the purpose of this Twitter profile is (i.e. to give away free stuff, to hold contests, or to provide free information).
Twitter can be a great platform for reaching out to a lot more customers. If you plan your actions well, it can surely be your key to success.