IM Strategy (4) – Getting Permission To Market To Your Site Visitor
By Ralf Skirr.
Internet Marketing Strategy, Part 4 of 7
Let’s recap the 3 step strategy we outlined in the last article:
- Potential customers find you, your products or services on the web.
- They allow you to contact them. (Today’s topic.)
- You provide them with information they can use and benefit from, through email, and keep your business in front of them all the time.
Your web site visitors and potential customers allow you to contact them and to market to them.
The next step in our internet marketing strategy is to get people to let you talk to them. With the advent of laws regarding spam and other inappropriate means of communication, it has become very important for any Business owner to be sure to stay on the good side of the law.
As a Business owner, you need to have the permission of a consumer, client or website visitors to send them any form of communication.
Why you should do this, you may be asking. As part of the process of developing a successful Internet marketing business, you need to get your product or service in front of the client.
As you will see in Part 3 of the internet marketing strategy, this is the key to your success in selling.
There are many ways that this can be done. The bottom line is that it has to be done.
You want those that find you on the web to come to your website and a lead capture page. This way, you are able to get their permission to send them more information.
There are many lead capture tools available to help you to accomplish this. You can also create your own, and not something that is difficult to do on your own, even if you are not a techie.
What happens is simple:
- Individuals find your information on the web.
- They follow it to your website’s lead capture page.
- They sign up when they arrive there.
- You have a lead to sell to, market to or otherwise use.
Now, you can advertise to them. Mission accomplished! :-)
Tomorrow we’re getting to the meat of the series: What information to send to them and how to turn them into customers.