How To Gain Visibility On The Web And Beyond – Part 1
By Ralf Skirr.
SEO traffic will dwindle even more than it already did, and in yesterday’s Google Prophecy I wrote the new goal [replacing soon to be futile SEO goals] is gaining broad visibility on the web and beyond.
Let’s do this step by step.
First look at your online presence
- your business website
- additional sites showcasing you and your business [social media sites, guest blogging sites, content distribution sites]
Visit each of those sites while going through this short check list:
- Get an overview which sites belong to this group. Make a list.
- Make sure all profiles are up to date. Check your contact info.
- Put a current profile picture on all platforms.
- Align the message you’re sending on the individual platforms.
Let me explain #4: Don’t have Twitter say you’re an AdSense expert and Facebook say you’re a marketing consultant. It’s not the same.
Create a unified branding across all platforms. Since your about section is only a few sentences on most sites, this will only take a few minutes.
That’s it for today.
If you act on it, you’ll have improved your marketing with little effort, and you’re ready for the next step tomorrow.
This article was first published at RalfSkirr.com.
Category: Internet Business Blog |