Emergency Cash Tip #15: Use Twitter to Market Your Myspace Forum Product
By Ralf Skirr.
If you used emergency cash method #14 (Myspace Forums to Sell Products), you now have:
- an inexpensive, entry-level product,
- a sales page, and
- a check-out system.
All you need to do now to make more cash is direct additional traffic to it.
While posting on Myspace Forums was a good way to start, there are still a lot of options available for traffic generation.
One such option is Twitter.
If you’re unfamiliar with Twitter, it’s a social networking service that allows you to add and remove friend as you would on Myspace or Facebook.
The difference is that the main purpose of Twitter is to send out 140-character “tweets” to your friends; and, in return, to read what they are tweeting about.
Of course, Twitter can also be used to make emergency cash.
- To do this, you’ll need to start by creating an account if you do not already have one.
- After that, you will want to begin adding people who might be good targets for your sales campaign. You can do this by searching to see who is tweeting about topics related to your product. You can then add them.
- After a week or so, if you worked diligently, you will have hundreds of followers.
- What you should do next is begin making tweets that do not directly pitch your product. Instead, they should simply communicate interesting and useful information about your product niche.
Your goal in this whole process is to spur some interest in your twitter profile.
There you will place a link to your salespage. That’s right: instead of using your profile to conduct a massive pitchfest, you will use it to draw people in naturally, so that they view your profile on their own terms—and then decide whether to buy.